We did this for last fall’s Dreamforce, and wanted to give it another shot for one of the spring’s most anticipated B2B marketing event, Marketo’s Marketing Nation Summit kicking off today in San Francisco.
As we did for Dreamforce, we used Little Bird to rank the top 50 individuals in the Marketo universe (many of whom you’ll find in the halls and at the parties for the next three days).
How was this list built? Fairly simple. We started with the keyword “Marketo”, and Little Bird scoured the Web for anybody who talks about Marketo regularly. Little Bird then stack-ranked those individuals against each other, based on which individuals were followed by the most other individuals (Little Bird calls this their “insider score“, and it’s a far more accurate way of measuring influence than follower or tweet volume).
We also eliminated companies from the rankings. Some company Twitter accounts had higher insider scores than people on this list, but we intentionally wanted to focus on individuals.
What I particularly love about lists like this are the surprises. The people you may not have heard of but who clearly have significant influence and “voice” among others talking actively about a particular topic or brand. Note as well how many journalists show up on the list for Marketo, particularly financial types covering the company’s stock progress.
So, without further adieu, below in ranked order are the most influential people talking about Marketo online, including their name, Twitter handle and Twitter bio/description.
- Ann Handley, @marketingprofs, Head of Content here at ‘Profs. I’m waging a war on mediocrity in content. http://t.co/Mb27bXCPGQ
- Jay Baer, @jaybaer, NY Times best selling author, marketing consultant, keynote speaker. President of Convince & Convert (http://t.co/n3EW5IPzyf)
- Jon Miller, @jonmiller, VP Marketing & co-founder of @Marketo. Advisor to @GetScripted, @Optimizely, @Newscred. Tweets about email, content, marketing automation & demand generation.
- Ted Rubin, @tedrubin, “‘Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass… it’s about learning to dance in the rain.’ 🙂 http://t.co/wrWmL8ekHC”
- Jeff Bullas, @jeffbullas, Social Media Marketing Blogger,Strategist & Speaker,Forbes Top 50 Social Media Power Influencer 2013,Huffington Post Top 100 Business Twitter Accounts
- Mari Smith, @marismith, Forbes Top Social Media Power Influencer | Facebook Marketing Expert | Globe-trotting Speaker, Author | ‘Mari like Ferrari’ | Bubbly Scottish-Canadian! ツ❤♫♪
- Jason Falls, @jasonfalls, Founder and smartass in residence at Social Media Explorer. Husband, Father, Author, Humorist. Not safe for the easily offended. I like bourbon.
- David Meerman Scott, @dmscott, Marketing & Sales Strategist, keynote speaker, and bestselling author of 9 books including The New Rules of Marketing & PR and Newsjacking.
- Andrew Ross Sorkin, @andrewrsorkin, New York Times Columnist & CNBC Squawk Box (@SquawkCNBC) Co-Anchor. Author, Too Big To Fail. Founder, @DealBook. Proud father. RTs ≠ endorsements
- Jason Miller, @jasonmillerca, Sr. Manager Content & Social @Linkedin Marketing Solutions, Blogger, RocknRoll Photographer, amateur comedian, aspiring magician. Opinions here are mine.
- Maria Pergolino, @inboundmarketer, VP Marketing @Apttus (Previously @Marketo), Passionate abt Demand Generation, Online, & Content Marketing. #B2BMarketer. Friend to @Salesforce. Also love wine!
- Scott Monty, @scottmonty, Global digital communications at Ford Motor Company, husband, dad, editor & co-host of http://t.co/dTvVmOMh88, generally nice guy. Originally from Boston.
- Jim Cramer, @jimcramer, I am founder of TheStreet and I run the charitable trust portfolio, Action Alerts PLUS. I also host CNBC’s Mad Money and blog daily on RealMoney.com. Booyah!
- Michael Brenner, @brennermichael, Vice President of #Marketing and #Content #Strategy @SAP. Managing Editor for @Biz_Innovations. Speaker, Author and Blogger @Forbes and @B2BMKTGInsider.
- Cathy Harrison, @virtualMRX, “Virtual Research Director:Creative, skilled, & methodologically agnostic. Market research and social media consultation”
- Diane Hessan, @dianehessan, Chairman of Communispace, author, lover of all things marketing, baseball and politics. Mom to 2 fabulous daughters. My Twitter Journey: http://t.co/3qyfBcVwGi
- Neal Schaffer, @nealschaffer, Author, @MaxYourSocial | Founder @msocialbusiness | Trilingual Social Media Strategy Consultant, Coach, and Speaker | 日米ソーシャルメディア専門家｜G+: https://t.co/BqaJvubiP8
- Bryan Kramer, @bryankramer, CEO of @PureMatter in Silicon Valley. Author of Human to Human, #H2H. Listed on @Forbes & @HuffingtonPost as Top 50 Global Social CEO/Influencer.
- Gavin Heaton, @servantofchaos, Digital Marketer. Speaker. Instigator of Ideas. Doer of Things. Herder of Cats. GM at @AskUcommunity. @Vibewire President
- Amy Porterfield, @amyporterfield, I’m a social media strategist and trainer. Get my latest free training here: http://t.co/jfTDYM5Q. Co-author of Facebook Marketing All-In-One for Dummies.
- Amber Naslund, @ambercadabra, Collaboration consulting @SideraWorks. Author. Musician. Pittie rescue mama. CrossFitter. Word Nerd. I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
- Paul Slakey, @paulslakey, EVP at Findly. Social recruiting. Zen student. Traveler. Runner. Amateur philosopher. Previously @LinkedIn
- Ardath Albee, @ardath421, B2B Marketer, Content Strategist, Writer, Storyteller and Author of eMarketing Strategies for the Complex Sale – Helps B2B companies turn prospects into buyers
- DJ Waldow, @djwaldow, Digital Marketing Evangelist @Marketo | U of Michigan | Co-host of The #WorkTalkShow podcast – http://t.co/FnCF3jfZAV | Lover of beer, coffee, & people
- Craig Rosenberg, @funnelholic, sales. marketing. revenue. student of the game
- Tom De Ruyck, @tomderuyck, Managing Partner & Head of #MROC @InSites Consulting | Keynote Speaker | Co-author ‘The Consumer Consulting Board’ | President @BAQMaR | Prof. @ IÉSEG | #mrx
- Amy D. Howell, @howellmarketing, CEO; #PR & Crisis PR; Author @WomenInHighGear Results, Wife, Mom, Investor @4MemphisMag; God lover #BA75; TN river rat; RHODES grad
- Michael Q Todd, @mqtodd, Hi. Recovering NZ lawyer. Author @The7PillarsBook about online presence & Winner Shorty Awards Vote #Green 2011-14. I follow back. Why? http://t.co/HCIpqqqWXi
- Scott Brinker, @chiefmartec, Marketing technology entrepreneur, ion interactive co-founder & CTO, agile marketing advocate, and author of the Chief Marketing Technologist blog.
- Heather Watkins, @heather_watkins, Run Customer Marketing @ Optimizely, Workplace Rebel & Sun Devil at Heart
- Phil Fernandez, @philf1217, CEO, president & co-founder of Marketo, the leading provider of cloud-based marketing software, successful serial entrepreneur & author of Revenue Disruption.
- Kayla Tausche, @kaylatausche, CNBC correspondent: Banks, deals, natural disasters. Native southerner & serial marathoner. (It’s pronounced TAO-shee.) News tips: email@example.com
- Brad Bennett, @bradbennett, Kiwi Living in France. #custexp advocate through Social Media. All opinions are my own #genesyslab #custserv #sm #scrm #leadership http://t.co/rOMYZ0P6
- Charles Pearson, @easyinsites, Specialists in online custom panels/insight communities and innovative online research methods, email info@EasyInsites.com
- Steve Susina, @ssusina, Chicago area B2B Marketing Technologist | Marketo fan | Demand Generator. Experienced in thought leadership, branding, content marketing & marketing automation
- Jay Famico, @jayfamico, Marketing and Sales Technology Practice Director, SiriusDecisions.
- Cindy King, @cindyking, Director of Editorial at Social Media Examiner. I also host the International Stories podcast and blog, inspiring professionals to go international.
- David Faber, @davidfaber, (no bio)
- Jeffrey L. Cohen, @jeffreylcohen, Dad, Marketing Faculty: @BallState, Co-Author: The B2B Social Media Book (http://t.co/XQaxlHuwO5), Managing Editor: @smb2b, Social Media Speaker
- Rick Siegfried, @rickgrind, son of 2, brother of 1, drummer of @requiem4thedead, customer marketer of @Marketo…. what i say and think is my own stupidity
- Brian Carter, @briancarter, Author of The Like Economy, Facebook Marketing, LinkedIn For Business. Search/social marketer, keynote speaker and trainer. Improv and stand-up comic.
- Charles Gasparino, @cgasparino, Charles Gasparino joined FOX Business Network (FBN) in February 2010 as Senior Correspondent.
- Will Scully-Power, @willscullypower, Managing Director, Datarati
- Betty Adamou, @bettyadamou, I make games & specialise in Game-based Research (ResearchGames™). CEO/Founder Research Through Gaming Ltd. Writer, Speaker, University Lecturer & PhD student.
- Dominic Chu, @thedomino, “Markets & business news for @CNBC…hunting for the perfect tee time. Now you know & knowing is half the battle! Tweets are mine, retweets aren’t endorsements.”
- Anne Deeter Gallaher, @annedgallaher, PA #SM, CEO #marketing #PR #IABC founder Harrisburg #SMC, author @WomenInHighGear #WiHG Powerful language. Smart marketing. Member #85Broads #BA75 #ULI
- Dennis Yu, @dennisyu, Facebook ROI for retailers, agencies, brands, and small biz. See what the buzz is about.
- Liz Courter, @liz_courter, Community Manager @Marketo. Musician, food lover, and true SCU Bronco!
- Richie Kawamoto, @richiekawamoto, @ImagiBrand Creative #Marketing Director who left Hollywood movie biz to get his #MBA. Fan of #Branding + #ContentMarketing + #SocialMedia + #Seattle #Seahawks.
- Betty Liu, @bettyintheloop, Anchor/Editor-at-Large, Bloomberg TV. Author: Work Smarts: What CEOs Say You Need to Know to Get Ahead. ABC News Contributor. Retweets are not endorsements.