It’s hard to understate the impact Aaron Ross has had on B2B sales over the past five years. His book Predictable Revenue – outlining the sales strategy that took Salesforce.com from a $5M/year start-up to $100M/year and beyond – has been studied and applied in hundreds if not thousands of sales departments worldwide.
For an encore, Ross is releasing today his new book From Impossible to Inevitable – How Hypergrowth Companies Create Predictable Revenue.
Fans of Ross’s work will recognize numerous themes in the new book, but it’s already near the top of my “must read” list of new books in 2016 for a variety of new insights, best practices and habits that increase your organization’s chance for breakthrough success.
The book highlights seven specific keys to achieving inevitable success. According to Ross, they are:
- You’re not ready to grow…until you Nail A Niche.
- Overnight success is a fairy tale. You’re not going to be magically discovered, so you need sustainable systems that Create Predictable Pipeline.
- Growth exposes your weaknesses…and will cause more problems than it solves until you Make Sales Scalable.
- It’s hard to build a big business out of small deals…so figure out how to Double Your Deal-size.
- It’ll take years longer than you want… don’t quit too soon or let a Year Of Hell discourage you. Be prepared to Do The Time.
- Your people are renting, not owning their jobs. Beyond delegation, Embrace Employee Ownership to develop a culture of taking initiative beyond a job description.
- Dear Employees: you let frustrations stop, rather than motivate, you. You can Define Your Destiny to make a difference, for yourself and your company, no matter what you do or where you work.
I highly recommend picking up a copy and reading it yourself.