By Sheena McKinney, Executive Assistant at Heinz Marketing
Need a summer read? Check out what sales and marketing leaders are reading right now. And It’s not all work and no play. Some aren’t even books.
Garnered for you from the sales and marketing business leaders who participated in our “How I Work” series so far this year, find below a list of what people are reading right now. There are a couple repeats and a few surprises. Check it out!
- Josh Wagner, head of enterprise sales and partnerships at LeadMD. Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss. Highly recommend.
- Odette D’Aniello, Venture Deals by Brad Feld (recommended by my friend Greg Robinson, CEO of Drift)
- Nick Hart, senior enterprise customer success manager for Outreach all of Jeff Bezos’s Letters to the Shareholders
- Melissa McCready, founder and CEO of Navigate Consulting Group “Aligned to Achieve: How to Unite Your Sales and Marketing Teams into a Single Force for Growth” by Tracy Eiler and Andrea Austin
- Amanda Levine, content marketing manager for PathFactory. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. I’m really fascinated by any book about or set during WW2.
- Suzanne Calderon, Global Partner Marketing Director at Oracle Marketing Cloud. Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. This book is 64 years old but it’s amazing how relevant it is even in this modern day we live in. It’s pretty incredible how spot on her insights are on youth and age, love and marriage, peace, solitude, and contentment.
- Andrew Warren-Payne, managing director of Market2Marketers. I do most of my reading on Pocket, which is an app. And I get interesting content pushed to me from a website called the Browser.com. So that’s what I read frequently on a day to day basis.
- Ray Rebello, Director of Product Marketing for Acumatica, “Spaceman: An Astronaut’s Unlikely Journey to Unlock the Secrets of the Universe” by Mike Massimino
- Barb Mosher Zinck, CEO at BMZ Content Strategies “This is Marketing” by Seth Godin, “Customer Experience” by Don Peppers, “Account-Based Marketing” by Peter Isaacson, “Pixar Storytelling”, and “F#ck Content Marketing” (and paid for the real book – not the 99cent digital version.
- Mark Sims, founder and CEO of Fikes Products I’m re-reading Jack Dalys Hyper Sales Growth.
- Stephanie Carrillo, Senior Marketing Consultant at Heinz Marketing American First Daughter
- Aaron Harden, director of sales at Apex Facility Resources I am re – reading “The Obstacle is the Way” with my sales team.
- Chris Goetze, Senior Engagement Director at Heinz Marketing Just finished Dark Matter by Blake Crouch. It’s a mind bender! Next up is Lexicon by Max Barry.
- Meg Goetsch, vice president of revenue operations at JW Player. I am always in the middle of a couple of books at any one time. Right now, it’s – Becoming by Michelle Obama, The Group by Mary McCarthy and The Job by Ruppel Shell, Ellen.
- Jeff Anderson, founder of Evergreen Market in Seattle. Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss.
- Bethany Fagan, content marketing manager for PandaDoc. Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Mark Nardone, EVP and Principal for PAN Communications. I can’t keep my attention on a single book right now. I live in Flipboard which allows me to read personalized content I’m interested in whether marketing tools, skills, the VC pulse, etc. or personal interest like golf, cars landscaping. It’s all right there for me.
- Dave Derington, Director of User Enablement at Azuqua in Seattle. Michael Allen’s Guide to E-Learning
Let us know if you end up reading something here or have suggestions of your own.