By Sheena McKinney, Executive Assistant at Heinz Marketing
I’ve always been drawn to productivity, time management tools, apps, and hacks. It all started back in the late 1980’s when I was introduced to the Franklin Covey system. See my previous post about the app I’ve used for years for my tasks, reminders, and lists: Awesome Note.
I recently discovered Toggl, a simple time tracker to help me get things done and implement some time blocking to better make use of my time. I was finding the day end without getting as many things done as I’d like and because I’m not naturally good at breaking my projects and endeavors into smaller bites.. I find it helpful to set timers and chip away at my projects…. and see where I’m spending time.
A few of the basic features on the free version (check out the more advanced and paid-plan options too!):
- One-click Timers a new time entry or to continue tracking a previous task.
- Tracking Reminders: Forgot to start the timer? The Toggl Button and Toggl Desktop apps remind you when you’re not tracking. Forgot to stop the timer? Toggl detects idle time and lets you decide what to do with it later.
- Over 100+ App Integrations: Less navigating between pages means fewer distractions. Integrations put the Toggl Button inside your favorite online apps, allowing you to start tracking immediately.
- Manual entries allow for quick and simple time entry at the end of the day or week.
- Calendar Integration: Turn your calendar events into time entries with just one tap on Toggl’s mobile apps.
- Reporting: easily filter your time tracking data, showing you the information you need when you need it. All reports can be exported into Excel, CSV or PDF’s.
- Project Dashboard: Compare project progress to estimated time with the Project Dashboard. Spot problems early and fight off scope creep with easy-to-read visual data.
- Billable Rates: Assign billable rates to your tasks, and make sure you’re paid fairly for all your work.
- Toggl works where you do. No matter which device you’re Toggling on, your data is synced between them in real time. Start the timer on your phone, and stop it in the browser. It’s that simple.