By Maria Geokezas, Chief Operating Officer at Heinz Marketing
As a strategic consulting firm, our number one objective is to ensure our people are armed with the experience and know-how to help our clients achieve their B2B goals. That makes finding the right team members incredibly important. But once the dream candidate is onboard, we need to ensure our brand of B2B, the Predictable Pipeline methodology, is well trained and adopted.
We work really hard to find and hire the right people. When considering candidates for Consultant and Engagement Manager roles, we prioritize values fit with our culture over B2B skills and experience. We believe it is easier to teach someone our brand of B2B, than it is to impart our values.
Once we do find the right people, we invest a lot of time and human capital to ensure their onboarding experience is both effective and efficient. The faster we can get them knowledgeable in the Predictable Pipeline, the more effectively we can serve our clients.
We have our own proprietary training program that includes 1-on-1 training sessions, videos, a workbook and quizzes to assess knowledge gain and comprehension. It’s a two-week intensive program that immerses the new team member in our Predictable Pipeline methodology.
Just as important is gaining an understanding for the broader B2B industry and the dynamics that are constantly shifting how modern marketers go to market. This context is incredibly important to ensure our Predictable Pipeline methodology stays current and is used to develop relevant solutions that actually work when implemented. For this we encourage new team members to get familiar with external resources and use them as a launching point to build their own B2B resource library to stay current.
- Advanced Lead Gen — a LinkedIn Learning course led by our own Matt Heinz
- Account-Based Marketing Foundations — a LinkedIn Learning course led by Sangram
- Inbound Marketing – a HubSpot Academy certification
- Content Marketing — a HubSpot Academy certification
- NextGen Marketing – a 6sense certification program
- MarketingProfs – a comprehensive resource for anything and everything B2B
- Orbit Media – a helpful resource to learn about driving demand to your website
- ON24 FastForward Playbook – a GTM workbook based on Predictable Pipeline methodology
- Chiefmartec Blog – an insightful resource for anything related to technology that enables sales and marketing.
What resources do you rely on to keep up with modern B2B practices?