Can your organization answer these seven strategy questions?
I highly recommend Robert Simons’s book Seven Strategy Questions: A Simple Approach for Better Execution. It’s worth the full read, but at minimum take time to read a summary of the seven questions on the HBS blog (full book summary here).
Here are the seven questions the book asks you to address and answer in your organization:
- Who is your primary customer?
- How do your core values prioritize shareholders, employees and customers?
- What critical performance variables are you tracking?
- What strategic boundaries have you set?
- How are you generating creative tension?
- How committed are your employees to helping each other?
- What strategic uncertainties keep you awake at night?