Plenty of things are going to go wrong. In your life, your job, your career.
You can complain about it, worry about it, lament the lost opportunities or results.
Or, you can fix it.
Of course, fixing it isn’t guaranteed. You could fail again. But as far as I’m concerned, unless you’re willing to just give up, “fix it” is your only option.
In that case, you get to work:
- What went wrong?
- How do we avoid that again?
- How do we change that variable (or those variables) to increase likelihood of success this time around?
- Are our objectives the same?
- Are new or adjusted resources required?
- How much time will it take to start execution again?
- When will we be able to evaluate whether this fix worked or not?
This works for product development, marketing, start-ups, home remodels, raising children, managing your finances…..the list goes on and on.
Frustration, anxiety, worry and mourning are all natural human conditions. Expect and embrace them for what they are.
[tweet_box inject=”via @heinzmarketing” design=”default”]Put aside past failure, build a new plan, get your mojo back and move forward. [/tweet_box]