How marketers can pay it forward
Could you do one of these a week?
- Amplify events, webinars and other programs from complimentary companies, products or marketers through your social & content channels
- Like, favorite and/or comment on the blogs of your peers and their companies
- Take a sales call (to get surprised, and/or to learn what to do or NOT to do)
- Take a survey when you get the email invite
- Take calls or coffees with junior marketers, interns or college students
- Offer to speak at local business schools, high school DECA clubs, etc.
- Proactively share your best (and worst) practices with a peer group
- Share good candidates that you can’t hire (but someone else should)
- Share examples of your executive and/or marketing departmental-level reports & dashboards as inspiration/templates for others
- Share your templates (creative briefs, production checklists, etc.) with peers
Imagine if we all gave just a couple minutes a week to give back. I guarantee it would feel good, and I guarantee you would be the direct recipient of someone else’s generosity quickly & materially.