Why prospects won’t return your calls
If you’re in sales, you’re intimately familiar with leaving voicemails. If you’re like most salespeople, you leave a ton of voicemails every week and get few responses.
But take a moment to think about the message you’re leaving.
- Is it really compelling?
- Does it create urgency?
- Is it about the customer (not about you)?
- Does it identify and/or offer to solve a problem the customer currently has?
- Is it short, less than 20-25 second long?
- Does it offer something of real value to the customer just for responding?
- Is your message any different from what your competitors are leaving as well?
Prospects aren’t going to care about you, let alone return your calls, unless you give them a reason to.