ChatGPT for Content Marketing: How To Do More in Less Time
Learn how AI-powered tools like ChatGPT can revolutionize your content creation process. Explore strategies for leveraging winning content, polishing existing material, and streamlining mundane tasks to maximize your content strategy
By Brittany Lieu, Marketing Consultant at Heinz Marketing
On average, it takes 3 hours and 51 min for marketers to write a blog post. That’s nearly half of the workday.
From short-form content formats, like blogs, to longer content pieces like guides, whitepapers, and eBooks, there’s no doubt that content creation is a dedication of time. How does this all change with the advent of AI and tools like ChatGPT?
76% of marketers say they use generative AI for basic content creation and copywriting. So how can you expedite your creative process and save yourself time?
Here are 3 innovative ways to strategically leverage ChatGPT to maximize efficiency and drive content-driven results:
Find Your Winners
Like Andy from Orbit Media says, “Some of our content marketing gets real results. Some of our content marketing …not so much.”
Not every content piece is going to be a winner, but it’s important to power your content strategy with those that are. Before you get started on drafting your next content piece, consider past content performance. What content produced high traffic and high engagement? And how can you replicate that?
After analyzing your winners, take to ChatGPT to help you rinse and repeat those content titles, formats, and topics. For example, if your recent blog on B2B sales and marketing alignment was a hit, prompt ChatGPT:
- Create a list of at least 10 blog post ideas on the following topic: B2B sales and marketing alignment. Suggest SEO-Friendly title for each post, and use an emotional and persuasive tone in post titles
- What are some of the best ways to repurpose this blog across different channels and formats? <insert blog URL>
Tip: The first output ChatGPT will always be just okay. Optimize what it generates with specificity. Be specific, provide context, and add examples to help it better understand what you need.
Polish and Promote
Second to winning content is content with potential. Rather than spend the time to start from scratch, enhance what already exists. For content that falls short on traffic or engagement, look for ways to either improve the user experience or distribution.
To better polish or promote content that has the potential to perform better, ask ChatGPT:
- Write a compelling and SEO-friendly title for our blog post about <topci>, incorporating the primary keyword while ensuring it is engaging and accurately represents the content.
- Perform an on-page SEO analysis on this blog post and recommend adjustments <insert blog URL>
- Generate 5 effective call-to-action button ideas based on the contents of the following blog post <insert blog URL>
- Analyze the readability of this blog post and suggest improvements for greater accessibility <insert blog URL>
Eliminate the Mundane
Between creating new content and optimizing existing content, you can use ChatGPT to check off the more mundane steps in content creation process. Whether it’s to create the content outline, titles, or meta description, ChatGPT can make your job easier.
Here’s what I would ask:
- Create an outline for a blog post on <topic> that includes subheadings and a brief description of what each section should cover.
- Generate 10 SEO-optimized titles that I can use for this blog that are engaging, encourage prospects to read after reading the title, and elicits emotion. <insert blog URL>
- Write me a meta description, under 160 characters, for the blog post <title>
Rome was not built in a day and neither is an effective content strategy. However, with tools like ChatGPT, content creation doesn’t have to be a time drain. When writer’s block hits or time is scarce, AI provides a transformative opportunity for B2B marketers to streamline their creative process and do more with less time.