Lauren’s App of the Week: Paceline
By Lauren Bensussen, Sr. Marketing Consultant at Heinz Marketing
I just downloaded a new app fitness incentivization app and am quickly becoming obsessed with it. It all started when my husband told me that his friend invited him to an app where he could earn actual money and rewards simply by staying active.
Could this really be a free app? It seemed too good to be true, so I immediately had my husband send me an invite. After downloading the app, I proceeded to explore it feverishly.
How it Works
- Easily connect your wearable fitness tracking device to the app, and link to Apple Health if your device is an Apple Watch.
- Accumulate 150 Paceline minutes per week, which are basically minutes spent active.
- Claim a weekly reward and continue your streak each week to continue earning!
Things to Note
- You can only apply 50 minutes maximum per day towards the weekly goal of 150 Paceline minutes.
- To keep your streak alive, you must open the app at least once per week.
- A new week starts every Monday.
And here’s what the main page looks like:
While I’m still only in my first week of using the app, it has already motivated me to move every day and “earn while I burn”. A couple of screenshots below show the kinds of rewards you can earn just by exercising.
I’m super excited to try out these offers, but the value I’m getting just from getting outside and moving my body is truly worthwhile on its own. A little incentive never hurts, though 😉 So get out there, get your blood pumping, and use this app to boost motivation!